INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
Due to the entry into force of the amendment to the “Law on Information Society Services” (LSSICE) established by Royal Decree 13/2012, the express consent of the users of all web pages that use non-essential cookies must be obtained before they browse in them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies, such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels, are tools used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, and to ensure the proper functioning of the site.
Using these devices allows the web server to remember some data about the user, such as their preferences for viewing the pages of that server, name and password, products that interest them most, etc.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY REGULATIONS AND COOKIES EXCEPTED
According to the EU directive, the cookies that require the informed consent of the user are the analytical cookies and those of advertising and affiliation. Those of a technical nature and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user are excepted from this.
TYPE OF COOKIES
- Technical and functional cookies: these allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services available.
- Analysis cookies: these are those that allow those responsible to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and to create browsing profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of how the users of the service use the data.
- Advertising cookies: these allow the most efficient management possible of the advertising spaces which, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it gives the requested service, based on criteria such as the edited content or how often the ads are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these collect information on the user’s personal preferences and choices (retargeting) to allow the most effective management possible of the advertising spaces which, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it gives the requested service.
- Social cookies: these are those that have been installed in the services by the social networking platforms to allow you to share content with your friends and networks. The social media platforms can track your on-line activity outside of the Services. This may affect the content and messages you see in other services you visit.
- Affiliate Cookies: these allow you to track visits from other websites with which the website establishes an affiliation agreement (affiliation companies).
- Security cookies: these store encrypted information to prevent the data stored in them from being vulnerable to malicious attacks.
- Own cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are those sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
ACCORDING TO THE TIME FOR WHICH THEY ARE MAINTAINED
- Session cookies: these are a kind of cookie designed to obtain and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies: these are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a time defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and which last from a few minutes to several years.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
COMERTIA is responsible for processing the personal data of the Data Subject and informs them that these data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of 27 April 2016 (GDPR), for which they provide the following information on the treatment:
Purposes of the processing: as specified in the section on cookies used on this website.
Legitimation of the processing: the consent of the data subject (art. 6.1 GDPR).
Data retention criteria: as specified in the section on cookies used on the website.
Communication of data: the data will not be passed on to third parties, apart from cookies owned by third parties or by legal obligation.
Rights of the Data Subject:
– Right to withdraw consent at any time.
– Right of access, rectification, portability and deletion of their data and limitation or opposition to their treatment.
– Right to file a complaint with the control Authority (www.aepd.es) if they consider that the treatment fails to comply with current regulations.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER
Deleting cookies from your device
Cookies that are already on a device can be deleted by clearing the browser history, thus deleting the cookies from all websites visited.
However, some of the saved information may also be lost (for example, login data or website preferences).
Managing site-specific cookies
To gain a more precise control of the specific cookies of each site, users can adjust their privacy and cookie settings in the browser.
Although most modern browsers can be configured to prevent cookies from being installed on devices, this may require you to manually set certain preferences each time you visit a site or page. Furthermore, some services and features may not work properly (for example, logins with profile).
HOW TO REMOVE COOKIES FROM THE MOST COMMON BROWSERS
Internet Explorer. Version 11 https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
Firefox. Version 65.0.1 https://www.mozilla.org/es-ES/privacy/websites/#cookies
Safari Version 5.1 https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac